The film Joker officially opened paintings in many places around the world on October 4th. The film opened for three days and earned 93.5 million US dollars, and reached the top of the weekend box office list with unexpected results.
1.10 month open painting record
Joker has a performance far higher than the industry expectation of about 80 million US dollars, and easily broke the record of the October opening album (80.25 million US dollars) created by Venom in the same period last year, which greatly increased the original record by 16.5%.
2. Overseas record in October
Joker opened simultaneously in 73 markets overseas. The first week of the show was swept by $140.5 million, and overseas paintings also exceeded Venom ($127 million), creating a new record for overseas paintings in October.
3.10 months Imax opening record
Joker Imax opened a painting to win a $9 million box office, creating a new record for Imax in October.
4. Global record of opening in October
Beyond Venom $207 million.
5. Director Todd Phillips career highest painting
Previously, director Todd Phillips had the best performance of $85.9 million in The Hangover Part II (2011).
6. Starring Joaquin Phoenix's career highest painting
Joaquin Phoenix is mainly taking a serious film route, and there is not much commercial blockbuster experience. His best-performing film dates back to 2002, when M. Night Shyamalan directed Signs for $60 million.
7. Robert De Niro's career is the highest painting
For Robert De Niro, who has been in Hollywood for half a century, Joker is also the highest open picture of his career. Previously De Niro's best work was Meet the Fockers for $46.1 million.
8.R-level film painting fourth
In the R-rated film, its first-quarter box office was second only to Deadpool ($132 million), Deadpool 2 ($125 million) and the first It ($123 million).
9. Warner's best painting in the past two yearsJoker also surpassed last month's It Chapter Two ($91.6 million) in the first weekend, creating Warner's highest-opening performance this year. Looking further, Warner's two box office blockbusters are It ($123.4 million) and Justice League $93.8 million more than two years ago.
10. First day box office record in OctoberOn the first day of Joker, the ticket room for the advance ticket reached $39.9 million, and the box office champion was included in the 14-times advantage of the runner-up. This achievement also exceeded the $33.1 million issued on the first day of the Halloween in October last year, creating a new record for the first day of the October history.